Including late-night tampon runs and wake-up s3x
Sure, they told us to make concessions in our relationships, because nobody is perfect, but that does not mean you still should not expect excellence. Every woman deserves a partner to love and respect her, but it’s the little things that really add over time, like DVRing your favorite TV shows and know their actual size shoe. So if you are putting your list of “must haves” together, you may want to include some of these …
1. Someone who thinks lounging at home on a Saturday night is just as fun as bar hopping. Getting dressed up and going out is always fun, but sometimes you just want to veg on the couch with your partner and the latest season of Sons of Anarchy.
2. Someone who will go the drugstore to get you tampons at 1 a.m. You need them, and you need them now. This is NOT a drill! Anyone who will appreciate this urgency and do what they can to help is definitely a keeper.
3. Someone who will make you breakfast in bed when it isn’t your birthday. Because love sometimes comes in the form of homemade waffles and a mango mimosa.
4. Someone who loves your favorite TV shows as much as you do. How else are you going to explain that you really, really want to have sex with them—just after Scandal is over?
5. Someone who somehow always knows exactly what you want for dinner. After a really long day, having them read your mind and place your go-to takeout order for you is pretty much perfection.
6. Someone who saves the last bite for you. They see you eyeing that last piece of cheesecake, and they’re not going to get in your way.
7. Someone who has actual cleaning supplies and knows how to use them. Sharing household chores is a must if this thing is going to last for the long haul.
8. Someone who wakes you up with the best sex ever. Hey, you’ll both have a better start to your day.
9. Someone who doesn’t mind when you’re way too tired to do it. Sometimes in the battle of sex and sleep, sleep just plain wins. Having a partner who understands that is crucial.
10. Someone who loves your dog/cat/ferret as much as you do. Because you’re pretty much a package deal.
11. Someone who thinks Valentine’s Day is just as cheesy or just as whimsical as you do. Holidays are way more pleasant when you can agree that it’s either the best day ever or a tacky corporate hoax.
12. Someone who knows exactly how to please you in bed. It’s like their body was made to please your body.
13. Someone who inspires you to be a healthier, happier you. Sometimes it takes the right person to introduce you to the awesomeness of hiking and kale.
14. Someone who doesn’t guilt you about that extra slice of pizza. They love you. You love pizza. It’s a complicated love triangle, but they get it.
15. Someone who never makes fun of your dance moves. They actually think that weird shimmy thing you do is kind of adorable.
16. Someone who laughs at your bad puns. Hey, at least one person at the party will think they’re funny.
17. Someone who feels totally lucky to be with you. Because you’re awesome, and you deserve to be with someone who appreciates your awesomeness.